Mr Cohen is a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon who’s NHS practice is based at The Royal Oldham Hospital and Fairfield General Hospital, Pennine Acute NHS Trust, where he runs a busy Trauma Unit in addition to a comprehensive Hip and Knee Elective Practice. He’s completed fellowships in both Trauma & Elective Surgery. Mr Cohen has over 20 years’ experience managing trauma.
He is able to examine adults and children and can provide reports on all aspects of trauma.
He specialises in personal injury claims and dedicates a large proportion of his time schedule to medico legal work. He can therefore offer appointments within 2-4 weeks of request and return the completed report within 2 – 4 weeks of the examination.
His attention to detail and up to date knowledge of the medical literature, results in accurate high-quality reports.
Types of work undertaken
- Personal injury
- Health & injury insurance claims
- Over 200 reports a year
Specialist areas reported on
- Major trauma
- Road traffic accidents
- Back injuries
- Slips and trips
- Fractures of the upper and lower limbs
- Soft tissue and ligament injuries of the upper and lower limbs
- Joint dislocations
- Periprosthetic fractures of the hip and knee
- Hip and knee pathologies
Medico Legal Training
Over 20 years’ experience managing a wide spectrum of adult and paediatric trauma, including soft tissue injuries, fractures and major poly trauma.
- ‘Writing Expert Reports’ seminar, The Expert Witness Institute, London
- ‘Medical Report Writing’ workshop, Bolton
- Faculty Member on Trauma Courses for Surgeons and Theatre Practitioners
- Mr. Cohen has given evidence in Court as an expert witness on several occasions
The Perrin Clinic
83 Whittaker Lane
BMI The Highfield Hospital